500 Ray C. Hunt Drive First Floor
EFVA's mission is to PROMOTE
AWARENESS about epilepsy, ADVOCATE
for and PROVIDE ASSISTANCE
to Virginians with the disorder through:
- helplines, regional offices and peer
- annual awareness days and awareness strolls.
- training for employers, school personnel and
public service employees.
- emergency assistance and transportation.
- Spanish speaking offices.
- Family Fun Days and Summer Camp.
- Use a Helmet: Prevent Epilepsy
campaign among fourth graders promoted education and awareness and was
accompanied by training in schools. It received a commending
resolution from the Virginia General Assembly.
- 500 emergency physicians received training on
new medications, facilitated by Drs. Huff and Fountain from the
University of Virginia and Dr. Frank from CHKD.
- Media interviews, articles and billboards about
epilepsy increased throughout the state.
Have more camps and fun
days for children with epilepsy
Enable all Virginians
with uncontrolled epilepsy to have access to specialized epilepsy care
Update and complete
information on exercise and epilepsy
Help persons with
epilepsy spread the word about the behavioral risks outlined by the
Centers of Disease Control